Monday, February 17, 2003

Google Buys Blogger

The news today is that Google, the search engine that made sense of the World Wide Web, has bought Pyra Labs, the developer of Blogger software and the owner of Blogspot, the free host for blogs like this one. This comes at a critical time for Zero Base Thinking, Zero Base Thought, and your humble guide. I was in the middle of leaving Blogspot, due to some horrendous performance problems that I labor mightily to keep from inhibiting your blog reading enjoyment. Now I don't know what to do. Do I continue on my migratory path, or stay here?

For the time being, I shall maintain both Zero Base Thinking, and Zero Base Thought, as parallel universes of my vaunted writings and elucidation of universal truth. That's right. I will punt. Nothing will change as far as you, my faithful reader, are concerned. Any decision emanating from this change will be put off until later. Stay tuned. Same blog time. Same blog channel.