Monday, March 16, 2009

Companies to Boycott

Companies to Boycott

I don't know about you, but any company that spends its profits on lobbying the government to raise my taxes and energy costs will have to do without my custom. The organization BICEP is dedicated to the proposition that taxes are way too low and energy is way too cheap, and spends lavishly to raise my cost of living. So I do not buy their goods or services.

A partial list of these companies are:

eBay
Gap
Levi Strauss & Co.
Nike
Starbucks
Sun Microsystems
Symantec
Timberland

Now, I am not the type to organize these things - I spend too much time in the struggle for the legal tender, taking care of my family, and maybe even a little blogging from time to time, so it will not be my task to organize a boycott of anybody. But I would rather go barefoot than to buy the shoes of a company like Nike, I'd rather wear pajama pants than wear the jeans made by Levi or Gap, than to put more cash in their coffers which they will use to destroy my way of life. I know that it's trendy to support frauds like AGW these days, what with The Won winning and all, but there is just so much I can take.