Sunday, September 19, 2004

Joke of the Day

Joke of the Day

Maybe this says more about me than any of the great questions of the day, but I heard this joke yesterday, and just had to pass it along. With apologies to Eddie McGettigan. Happy 80th Ed!

So one day both John Kerry and George Bush are in the same small town in Ohio, campaigning. It turns out that they both need haircuts that day, and there is only one barber in town. The two candidates arrive there at the same time and, as befits the two men's personalities, Bush offers Kerry the first go, and Kerry agrees that he deserves it. As the barber is finishing Kerry's hair, he offers the candidate a splash of cologne. Kerry demurs, claiming that "If I let you do that, Teresa will think that I went to a whore house."

Finished, Kerry returns to his campaigning, and Bush sits in the barber chair for his haircut. As he finishes, the barber pauses, and says that he'd guess that Bush does not want a splash of cologne either. But Bush replies "Nah, go ahead, put it on. Laura's never been in a whore house."

I don't know why, but this little joke made me laugh so hard that I split my pants. Have a great week.