Monday, July 16, 2012

Detached Obama. Bored, even.

Detached Obama. Bored, even.


Obama: DC `feels as broken as it did 4 years ago'
A stunning interview on CBS, showing a shockingly uninvolved chief executive. So he brags that while he is forced to sit with his inferiors at the G8 summit he at least can doodle to while away the time... I am dumbfounded that this has not yet gotten wide distribution. Oh well, have a taste of it here:
"I'm a surprisingly good pool player, so if you ever see me in a pool hall, don't just think that you can ..."

"Don't walk up and throw down money is what you're saying?" interviewer Scott Thurman asked.

"That's what I'm saying," the president said. "I might end up cleaning your clock. That's a possibility."

The president also described himself as "a pretty good doodler" of faces, people and other things.

"Sometimes when I'm in a big important international meeting and you see me writings stuff down it might be that I'm just drawing some folks," he said.
Is it just me, or is saying "big important international meeting" make him sound like a child?